June 18, 2011

C'mon Mort! Production: Short Film "II"

Hi everyone! I am so excited about this blog! I just completed a really cool project over the weekend and I’m still riding the waves of excitement. I provided flowers for a C’mon Mort! Productions short film called “II” (pronounced “two”), which follows a bride and her parents behind-the-scenes during the moments before the wedding and uses contemporary ballet to explore the relationship of the parents and their enduring love story.

Guess who played the parents?! Award-winning ballerina Evelyn Hart and dancer and guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance Canada, Rex Harrington. When they arrived on location I was completely star struck and I have to admit, a little nervous, but they were so friendly and gracious...I knew it was going to be an amazing day.

It was my first time being on a set and I felt like I was in Hollywood…cameras, lights, actors changing into costumes, make-up artists adding final touches before the next take, the Director saying that ever so famous line…aaand action! I had so much fun and felt so priveledged to be amongst such great talent.

My favorite part of the day was watching Evelyn and Rex dance. They hadn’t danced together in 5 years, so this project created a reunion of extraordinary talent. The chemistry between them was so natural and genuine and every movement was perfectly synchronized and so effortlessly executed. We were watching ballet at it’s best…it was magic…simply magic.

Posted is a picture my photographer took so you can see the pieces I created for the film.

That’s a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment