June 18, 2011

International Women's Day

 When CultureLink asked if I would participate in their celebration of the 100th Anniversary of International Women’s Day, I was quite honoured and delighted to be providing the flowers and attending the event. Little did I realize the magnitude of what I had committed to. When 120 women get together in one room to celebrate being women, it is awe-inspiring. This multicultural event included dancing (Capoeira, Persian and contemporary), poets, success stories and the keynote speaker was Hon. Jean Augustine, Ontario Office of Fairness Commissioner (the woman on the left in the photo). I have never attended such a powerful event. I left feeling strengthened, determined, supported and proud to be a woman. It doesn’t get better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment